Installing Electrex World Electronic Ignition - Day 1.

My Newly Aquired 1958 BSA C15 Motorcycle.

IMG 5792

Background: Rolling restoration - recommision to get this motorcycle back onto the road. Like all my BSA's I will be fitting 12v electronic ignition. This page shows the transformation of this motorcycle.


6th Feb 2018 - Removal of 6v wiring.

Started to remove the old 6v components from the main loom. Previous owner had recently re-wired and put a new loom into the motorcycle. However the desire for electronic ignition meant all the old components had to be removed. 

I drained the oil a few days before today, and ordered new gaskets. I have learnt that one cannot take enough photos pre stripping anything down. I thought it might be worth shooting video, should I ever want to remove the CDi unit.  This process took around half an hour. I removed the ignition lock, as I wish to replace this with a modern unit. Fortunately the hole will take a modern lock. 

Day 1 - removal of electrical components -Several short videos, followed be a photo Gallery. Installation was prevented by the primary chain tensioner missing. I have ordered a new one today.

Reference Video - Showing Original Items removed.

Here's a useful link for researching the fitting of the Electrex. An excellent example of finding TDC on the C15 example.



We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.