April 2020

Friday 3rd April 2020

Started the Oil Change on the T140 - need to complete in the morning. Top tip the timing nut is 16mm metric

Saturday 4th April 2020

Filled the filter with oil using a syringe and the same through the timing space. Took several seconds for the oil to come through. Still need to sort the tank out. It is not sitting correctly. 

Sunday 5th April 2020

Removed the centre instrument panel on the T140. Rubbed down and repainted. 

panel

Wednesday 8th April 2020

Started by painting the console from the T140 

Thursday 9th April 2020

Completed the painting, and put the new transfer onto the console. Refittled.Started the Norton for the first time in a couple of weeks. It went second kick. 

Friday 10th April 2020

Swapped the baffles on the B175, as you can see their was a problem with the old one..... it was thrown away. 

b175 baffles

Monday 13th April 2020

Spent the dry but cold day at the Garage, refitted the T140 tank after checking the head bolts where good. Then removed the tin tank on the D1. Put the CRF plastic tank on and the bike went second kick. I have ordered a nipple for the throttle.  Then changed the baffle on the B175

Tuesday 14th April 2020

TAB 2 alloy tank for the Norton arrived. I ordered the new chain from TMS for my T!40, and some tie wraps, and other bits. Maquires polish arrived for the lads. Tank strap bolts ordered along with protune carb balanacer

Wednesday 15th April 2020

Went upto the Garage, tried to sort the B175 battery box. I could not. Will venture back later in the week. 

Thursday 16th April 2020

Swapped the Norton Fork caps for stainless. Not easy on my own, but Bogdan helped. Took only a few minutes. Came home for dinner on the Bantam. Found the D1 Spring and will try and fit this tomorrow. Current spring is no good. 

93771421 2865652476865136 8793898620337258496 n

Friday 17th April 2020

A very long day at the garage working my way through many small jobs that I’ve been putting off for nearly a year. Horrible fiddly jobs that need to be done to re commission my 1949 BSA First horrible job was to swap out the twist grip, change the cable and swap several worn parts on its very small carburettor. I’ve never seen such a basic and simple carb. Good news it’s not worn. Merely needed a good clean. Then onto the worlds most difficult to adjust centre stand and fit the correct centre stand spring. Those two tasks took over two hours. Then onto re attaching the new stainless rear brake rod, and then onto changing the rear light assembly. It’s previous iteration was a single element. No good for the brake light. Finally a messy job, cleaning and flushing out its original petrol tank. I’ve dug out and fitted an in-line Amal fuel filter. All in all around seven hours in the Garage. 

93878691 2868096639954053 6142044103635894272 n

Saturday 18th April 2020

I long afternoon at the garage, fitted new chain to the T140, and the under tank brace. I then proceeded with the building the loom for the D1, I Made good overall progress I still need to seperate the looms rear feed to the brake light and tidy up the connection to the battery. Battery itself will need securing to the carrier. I actually feel like i might be making progress with this bike now. 

93836625 2870583843038666 3368412334786609152 o

Sunday 19th April 2020

 Well another long day at the Garage, but the loom is finished. Phew. took longer than I would have liked to get the rear brake switch working. But after several hours its done. 

Monday 20th April 2020

Went to the Garage to get the T140 out, and as soon as the fuel tap is switched on fuel leaks everywhere. GRRRR. Guess what I will be doing this evening. Went to Toolstation, and bought No Nails for sticking the number plate onto the D1. Another job for this evening. Slowly moving towards completion. 

Mon Evening

Returned to the Garage - no leak - whatever it was has sorted itself. Took the bike on a quick run, only to find that the tank brace is vibrating against the horn. I will need to sort. I have glued the rear number plate on the D1. Bogdan loant me the large clamp. 

Tuesday 21st April 2020

Took the T140 out round the BP Circuit. need to sort the horn vibrating on the bracing bar. Took the clamps off the D1 Mudguard. 

Friday 24th April 2020

Tidied up the wiring on the D1

Saturday 25th April 2020

Ran up FER10D Bantam. tidied some of the garage, and rode over to Nik on the Commando. Another oil leak I fear. Will take a look in the morning. Rode, the B175 home and garage and back.  

Sunday 26th April 2020

Rode my bike to Niks, on the way back I noticed that the Head gasket went on the Norton. Bogdan and I took it to wisbeach for a rebuild.  Should be back in two months. 

Monday 27th April 2020

Rode the T140 to Johns Cremation. It struggled initially above 55mph. On returning I tightened the base bolts and started to degrease and clean the bike. Needs new fork gaitors and a Lockheed caliper servicing kit ordering. Also rocker box covers. Tightened the front indicators as well. Still to the offside to clean. 

Wednesday 29th April 2020

Spent an hour trying the clean off the plastic markings on the offside of the T140 exhaust. Ordered some better Fork Gaitors. Hopefully fit them this weekend. Still need to order some parts. Will do that in the morning. 

Thursday 30th April 2020

Ordered the front caliper rebuild kit for the T140 and the fork stickers on the top. 

 

 

 

 

 

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok