August 2018

Wed 1st August 2018

Spent the evening packing Bones Cdi, then researching metal liquid incase the C15 cannot be welded. I was very suprised at the loom on the D7, and will make plans to replace it as soon as my other bikes are back on the road. I do not believe that the battery is taking a charge. I will be checking this weekend. 

portrait me

Friday 3rd August 2018

Well not a good day. I started to service the sprint ST, and ended up snapping a spark plug off.  I have ordered a tool to try and remove the plug.  I do hope my luck with my bike changes soon. 

Saturday 5th August 2018

Spent the day worrying and researching what I was to do with the Sprint.  Borrowed two easy outs from Simon. Will tackle the job on Sunday. 

Sunday 6th August 2018

Spent a nervous few hours re-hearsing the removal of the stuck plug. All ended well. Here's the video. On a high. This evening I am taking the Bantam out to look at a combine that caught fire. 

 

Monday 7th August 2018

Started the reassembly of the Sprint - new plug in, and airbox connected. Just need to work out the plug connectors under the tank. Contacted Rob, and re-scheduled the rebuild of the C15

Tuesday 8th August 2018

Wednesday 9th August 2018

Spent the evening completing the service on the sprint. Next time I have to mark the fuel pump connections better. Note: service light did come on, went off after several re-starts. K&N oil filter definately better as a socket makes the removal easier. 

Saturday 11th August 2018

Spent an hour trying to use the liquid steel, and putting the pannier rack back on the sprint. Topped up the gearbox oil to 3.2L after fitting new filter. Only the coolant left to sort out. 

Sunday 12th August 2018

Lovely monthly meet of the BSA Bantam Club, light rain threatend the day but plenty turned up. I have changed my two stroke mix to 40:1, So I am hoping it will help with plug colour. I have also cleaned the other side of the B175 crankcase, and discovered where the petrol leak is coming from - the petrol tap on the ER5, I have also taken all the batteries out of all BSA Bantams batteries and they are on charge. I suspect they may be far too gone. I will be putting them on as soon as I need them. 

 

Tuesday 14th August 2018

Spent the afternoon cleaning up the faces of the B175 and shimming out the new crank. I am missing a main bearing, type 5 villiers. I have decided to use Loctite 1255 to set the two halfs together.  I will now make a list of parts that I require to complete the rebuild. Quite exciting to think my favourite Bantam will be back on the road. 

 

20161030 125409

Wednesday 15th August 2018

Spent the evening getting all the parts from my office for the B175 engine. I do hope I find several more - lots have dissapeared !! - I will have to speak to Rex in the morning. 

Friday 17th August 2018

Collected the T140 from Andy. Started to put her together again. 

Saturday 18th August 2018

web bonnie run in two

Took the T140 out for a short low power run. 

web IMG 0576

Sunday 19th August 2018

Stilton Bike Show - Lovely day went on the Bantam D7 FER10D

laughing

Monday 20th August 2018

Spent the early afternoon with Andy being taught how to set the tappets, and tighten the head bolts on the T140. Used some paste on the balance pipe. Seemed to have stopped the air leak. I then stopped off at the Royal Oak, had a pint of Shandy. Bike ran lovely. Returned later the same evening and visited their small bike night. 

oak1

Tuesday 21st August 2018

rode for an hour to the bike meet at connington. Some lovely bikes. See gallery below. Rode on the Kawasaki ER5

Wednesday 22nd August 2018

Took the T140 out from Upwood I rode to the local Pub, and then rode home. Lovely ride. 

web Bonnie On Mormon Hill

web time to head home

 

Thursday 23rd August 2014

Took the 66 D7 to the Abbots Elm, had a pint of Beer and rode home. Lovely Li125 ( Brians) 

web IMG 0697

web Brians

Saturday 25th August 2018 

Decided to have a go at stopping the leak on the Er5 header. Got all the nuts off, had to remove the radiator to get clear access to the headers. I have had to order new clamps from Ely breakers.  Helped Matt fit a new battery to the XL125R. 

Sunday 26th August 2018

correct bearing arrives, so might be doing a little of this. Coffee First. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bournemouthbantams/four-speed-bantam-engine-rebuild-t888.html

Bank Holiday Monday 27th August 2018

 Rode the ST to the Fenland Classic show at Wimbotsham. Lovely day. 

I then met Simon and we rode to the Royal Oak in Warboys. Had a Pint, then rode home. Lovely experience. 

Wednesday 29th  August 2018

Met Simon and Ants at the Wyton Aircraft, and due to weather changing we headed towards great stukely, and then Alconbury Weston. From there we headed to the Green Man, approxiametly 5 miles to go the clutch cable snapped !!! - Was rescued by Jo, and took the bike back. Late night finish, but rode back with temporary cable. 

Thursday 30th August 2018

Ordered new clutch cable from TMS. 

Friday 31st August 2018

Kawasaki clamps arrived, and fitted the exhaust, took every minute of daylight to get 90% done. Will need to sort the radiator levels and finish the trim in the morning. No leak though on the headers, so sorted.