Tuesday 27th December 2016
Bought a 2nd hand loom for the 3rd Bantam. £24 all in from Ebay.
Monday 26th December 2016
Okay. So having rebuilt the engine, albeit for the worlds smallest spring to be replaced, I spent this morning putting the engine in, re-attaching the loom, the Bones CDi, the Carb, exhaust pipe, fuel lines I then took the B175 out for a brisk run around the villages. Certainly a swifter run than yesterday.
Sunday 25th December 2016
Balmy 13 degrees, so ventured out through the local villages on the D7, dropped the frame into the B175, hoping to finish the build tomorrow.
Saturday 24th December 2016
Over the last couple of nights I have been rebuilding the engine, this afternoon had to pop out to Ramsey and borrow a clutch tool, mine has lost the cup. Over the late afternoon I continued the rebuild. Lighting in the office / workshop is not good. However I am pleased to report that the engine rebuild has been completed and over the coming days I'll complete the rebuilding into the frame.
Wednesday 21st December 2016
Bolted on the Bones assembly, and ordered several small clutch parts, needed to complete the rebuild. I am hopeful of getting the engine into the motorcycle this weekend.
Tuesday 20th December 2016
Engine bolts turned up, started to reasemble the B175 engine. Slow going though, as the clutch basket return collar is worn. Another £2 part, but another delay. Good old BSA. Took the opportunity to swap out a couple of oil seals. Left the bearings as they were. Looked and felt okay.
Monday 19th December 2016
Ordered the stainless engine case screws, some sealant, and three base gaskets. Looking forward to getting the engine back into the bike.
Sunday 18th December 2016
Took the B175 engine over to Andy's in Whittlesey, with some heat, spray and a tap of the hammer the last screw came out. I then returned home and seperated the engine cases. The gallery below shows the replacement gear selector being assembled. Over the coming weeks I will complete the rebuild.
Sunday 11th December 2016
Note to self when removing the chain cog from the engine.
Most threads on bolts have right-hand thread meaning that turning the bolt clockwise inserts or tightens the bolt; counterclockwise loosens or removes the bolt. But in left-hand thread the reverse is true. Turning the bolt clockwise loosens or removes the bolt.
Saturday 10th December 2016
Continued to strip the B175 engine, posted a tech question on the FB Bantam page, and within hours I was sorted. Hopefully fix the engine tommorow.
Thursday 8th December 2016
Continued to strip the B175 engine, only two more nuts and four screws and it can be seperated. Will try to do this Saturday morning.
Tuesday 6th December 2016
BSA Meet night.
Monday 5th December 2016
Slow start to stripping the B175 engine down, but it's a start. Hope to have the strip complete in a couple of days.
Sunday 4th December 2016
Gutted, had to trailer the B175 to the BSA Bantam meet at the cross keys, Good idea of mine to invite several clubs. Around 38 bikes turned up. I think Hayley sold plenty of Bacon Rolls. Gallery below. Hurridly got the engine out of the B175, and I have now swapped the D7 being rebuilt for the B175.
work will continue over the next few days.
Saturday 3rd December 2016
Gear selector has stopped working on B175. Gutted as its the BSA Bantam meet in the morning. Will have to take it on a trailer.
Thursday 1st December 2016
Tried to ring and get an MoT on Black Betty, no avail. Will stick with the plan of getting one tommorow. In the afternoon soon I fitted the top box to the B175. Was a bit fiddly, but will be okay for Sundays BSA Meet, the last this year.
Friday 2nd December 2016
Mot'd Black Betty in Gravely. Had a bit of a moment as neither Barry or I could read the frame number. Turns out is was a 3 not an 8. No advisories. Towed the bike back.